Tuesday 24 July 2012

Ain't Comin' Out, But Hope Ahm Goin' Up

Settin’ here on Death Row For what I dun to Jethro.
Ain’t gon get no pah-role For what I done to Carole.
No use talkin’ ‘bout ‘ree-prieve’ For what I done to old Steve.
Bin gettin’ all kand of strange letters
From folks thinkin’ they are mah betters.
Lak a game – let’s play serial killers,
When we’re all jist a buncha blood spillers.
But ahm floatin’ above all that now ;
Lost mah way, but I finally found how
To correct all the bad that ah’ve done
By approachin’ the man who’s the one.
Ah know lifers say it’s jus a trick :
Win a pardon, or git signed off sick
In a psycho home, one called ‘secure’ –
But the thang is, mah evil… it’s pure.
Only death is the raht thang for me
Bah a shot that’s a chemical tea.
First they’ll strap me to some so-called bed,
Then inject me wid poison, ‘till dead.
After that? Dang, it’s only a guess,
Though the preacher man gives me a bless.
But my guess is a hope; something new –
When the wait for the end is all thru.
Ain’t no ‘scuse for the evil ah’ve done.
But bah Jaysus, forgiveness is won.
So to those who dee-nah me that prize,
All ah say is – jus look in mah eyes.
Was a time when ah’d kill ‘em instead ;
And ah still have a date wid dat ‘bed.’
But ah love them who hate me, and pray
They’ll be wid me in Heaven one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment