Thursday 13 May 2010

Love Poem

He did not create
A man to let him hate.
Instead that man was taught
To love without a thought.

So can I love so pure?
To risk, and still be sure?
A man, a child, am I;
Alive, in love, I die.

The paradox persists
(Though modern man resists...)
A song sets it apart:
Just love can break your heart.

An unrelenting force
That battles 'till divorce;
It dons so many guises,
We're used to its surpises.

Were I a jilted spouse
Imprisoned in my house,
I'd try to love the sinner,
If not the sin beginner.

Were I a killer's dad
Left redefining sad,
I'd try to love my boy,
Relinquishing the joy.

Were I a partisan
In Mussolini's Milan,
I'd try to love my nation,
While causing conflagration.

I know not where love leads
But know it grows from seeds
We sow on stony ground.
Not so? Just look around.

No comments:

Post a Comment